This is a very practical workshop on the topic of sugar. It will cover the following:
- Explanation of what sugar, in particular its place as a carbohydrate and its relationship to fibre and starch.
- Fast releasing and slow releasing sugars explained and the health implications.
- Discussion on the grams of sugar per day you should aim to reduce your intake level to.
- Reading the nutrition label in relation to 'of which sugars' and understanding what this means. This is a hands on element with food products and labels being passed around. I also invite candidates to bring foods they regularly use to learn how to check the labels themselves.
- Reading ingredient list to recognise hidden sugars in food.
- Using the front of package label for quick decisions and recognising high, medium and low sugar content products
- Natural versus added sugars - what is the difference.
- Information on artificial sweeteners - pros and cons.
- The new trend with 'Polyols' in sugar free products, what they are and who should be careful consuming them!
- Ideas and discussion on how to reduce your added sugar intake going through some sample breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
- Questions are answered throughout the workshop.
LIMITED PLACES- REGISTER TODAY BY CONTACTING MOYA - 086 3995800 OR EMAIL MOYA@MOYASHEALTHPRACTICE.COM